- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries, halved
- 6-7 cups fresh spinach, stemmed and washed
- Simmer the orange juice, uncovered in a small saucepan over medium heat until it is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes.
Combine the reduced orange juice, garlic, curry powder, shallots, salt and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Bring several cups of water to a simmer in a wide pot.
Mix the dried fruit and spinach in a large heatproof metal bowl, and toss with 3 tablespoons of dressing. Set the bowl over the simmering water. Holding the edge of the bowl with a pot holder, use tongs to toss the greens until they are just wilted, about 1 minute.
Divide the salad among four plates. Drizzle the remaining dressing around the plates and over greens. Serve immediately.