2 cups Quinoa
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 celery stalk
Red Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup of organic red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery sticks small diced
- 1/2 cup goat or sheep feta crumbled
- 1/3 cup of raw sunflower seeds (toasted optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped raw almonds (toasted optional)
- 4 green onions chopped
- Flat Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon or to taste
- 1/ 4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. raw agave nectar
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
If you like toasted sunflower seeds or almonds, place them on a dry medium hot pan (be careful to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!). Toast for approximately 10 minutes flipping from side to side.
Bring the water to a boil and pour the dry quinoa in, cook for until all the water has absorbed and the quinoa is done—about 15-20 minutes (you can also cook quinoa in a rice cooker).
Let the quinoa cool and then toss with all the salad ingredients except the cheese.
Whisk the lemon, lime, agave and oil together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour dressing over salad, toss to mix, adjust seasonings. Fold cheese in carefully at the end, so as not to get all mushy.