Kelly Maslen is a birth and postpartum doula with more than a decade of experience working with families of all sorts across the GTA. The heart of Kelly and her team’s doula service is the depth of support your family receives from pregnancy through postpartum – a wonderful blend of information, emotional and physical support, and resources.
Not sure if doula services are right for you? Kelly can help you understand your options.
Why Work With Kelly Maslen?
1) Experience! Kelly Maslen is a birth and postpartum doula with more than a decade of experience. She has attended hundreds of births and has expertise in a wide variety of births, including: home births, hospital births, twin births, water births, C-Sections, VBAC and more.
2) Non-Judgemental, Emotional Support. Kelly provides non-judgemental guidance and support at all stages of your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. See a full list of Kelly’s birth doula packages here.
3) A Full Range of Services. Kelly Maslen is a Hypnobirthing instructor, CAPPA-trained for breastfeeding, a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, and a trained Placenta Encapsulator.
4) A Great Team. Kelly works with an experienced and supportive team of doulas – meet them here!
Meet Kelly and Hear From a Client
In this short video, Kelly discusses how she supports expectant and new mothers, her professional experience, and a client discusses what it’s like to work with Kelly.
What Clients Say About Kelly
We’ve told everyone that you were a big part of keeping us calm and us having an amazing labour experience. We will continue to recommend you! We’re doing well! Isabella is growing so much and gaining weight nicely (she’s over 9lbs!) It makes me so happy and proud to be able to provide her with milk to help her grow. She was two months on Monday. She’s laughing and smiling a lot, loves looking around and being around people. It’s really amazing. And the best part she’s been sleeping through the night for at least 6 hours and even gave us a few 8-hour stretches this week. ~ Odarka Cruz
Irwin and I wanted to send a note to thank you again for all your amazing support and coaching during my labour.
We are so glad we were connected and could not have asked for anything more in our doula support person. We are so thankful for our natural birthing experience and feel that you were a huge part of making it happen, both through our prep sessions and most importantly during labor.
We’re absolutely loving being new parents and your breastfeeding coaching helped A LOT with getting me on track. My feedings are so much more efficient (and shorter, less painful) now and I’m consistently able to get him feeding without stress or fussing.
Thank you again – we will absolutely recommend you to anyone we hear looking for a great doula. Just let us know if there’s anything we can do to help spread the word! ~Elissa & Irwin
Birth Doula Services in Toronto and the GTA
These are my standard packages, but I am happy to customize them for a family’s specific needs. Not sure which package will best suit your needs?
Book your free consultation with Kelly.
All standard packages include the following:
- 2 prenatal home consultations (not included in Package #1).
- 10 years experience as birth and postpartum doulas.
- Postpartum home support, including breastfeeding counselling (hours vary by package).
Hypnobirthing support for parents that have taken a hypnobirthing prenatal class.
- Use of our library and multiple resources in the city.
- Labour support until your baby is breastfeeding and you are comfortable.
- Use of a TENS machine during labour.
We are available to your family with 24/7 on-call service, and also have backup birthing doula care available in the case of illness or a long labour that requires additional support.
Package #1 – Cost $1250
This package is ideal for parents that are pregnant with their second, third or fourth baby. It is also ideal for parents that are having a planned cesarean birth that will have a lot of breastfeeding postpartum support during the fourth trimester and have already taken a newborn prep class. This package includes 1 prenatal consultation (2hrs), on call support, labour and delivery support, and 1 postpartum in home visit (2hrs).
This package offers your family quality doula care and support with all of the standard offerings listed above including two prenatal visits (2 hrs each) and two postpartum visits (2 hrs each). This package is great for parents that have taken prenatal classes and would like to learn more coping tools for labour and learn about newborn care. Should you need further breastfeeding support, additional home visits for breastfeeding support are available for just $60 an hour.
This is our most popular doula package that includes additional breastfeeding support. This package is increased in value with additional breastfeeding support. With this package that includes 4 postpartum home visits (2hrs each) to help ensure a smooth transition with breastfeeding, along with all of our standard birth doula offerings listed above. There is a tremendous benefit in having a doula that will help ease your anxieties around breastfeeding. You will receive 4 postpartum visits at 2hrs each of support for you and your newborn. Should you need further support postpartum, additional home visits and breastfeeding support are available for $60 an hour.
Fees for the packages can be paid through email money transfer.